Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby Room Project

We have been working on the baby room for a few weeks now trying to get it done before I deliver. I want to say thanks to my Parents and Tyler for all their hard work to get this done. We started out having to strip wall paper off the entire room, only to find another layer of wall paper. Once that was off, Tyler texturized the ceiling and walls. Then he put the board and bat up on the bottom portion and cased the window and door ways. He built a window seat too. Once he had put all that up he had to sand all the plaster that he had texturized with. That is what these pictures are showing.
He sanded so much that he was covered from head to toe white. He couldn't even smile because his face had so much plastered on it. He wore glasses so he could at least see through the smog of plaster. This was definately not his favorite part of the project.





Once Ty and my Dad had the walls prepped and caulked, then it was my Mom's turn. She primed everything, then painted the ceiling and walls. It took her about 3 days or so to get it all finished! You might be asking yourself... How big is this room? Well, it's pretty tiny but Mom is a very detailed painter and does a better job than most professionals.
Well, there you have it... our nearly finished baby room! Yeah! Not that we are finishing any time too soon. I went to the doctors today to find that I am dialated to a 1+ and 70% effaced. If you know my history with Madi, that's a lot of progress. We are extremly excited to add our son to our family. I am just excited to get this pregnancy over with! :) I'm missing out on too big of a ski season to be pregnant! J/K We will keep you updated on any new news we might have over the next few weeks. Until then... PRAY that I will continue to progress! J/K





8 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Your nursery is adorable. Good luck with the last of the pregnancy. The last month is so hard. Cade was 1 day late and Austin was a week early. It was so nice to have him early. Let me know if you need any help. I would love to have your little girl over to play.

just dandee said...

Oh May, his room is going to be so awsome. I can't wait to see it all put together with that cute crib bedding I keep hearing about. May, I miss you. I will give you a call when it gets a bit quieter here today. Love you, Dee

Tami and Kaleo said...

Hi Mel. Your room looks so cute and so your does Frosty the Snowman husband. I wish my husband was good with his hands like that. I guess we all have our talents. Good luck with your progress. Im just jealous that your brave enough to give birth natural. Im not i wish i was . Your all women to me. Love you Tami

Mariel said...

that looks awesome! im not surprised! you two have pulled off many miracles in that house!

Bri and Britt said...

The room turned out so great! I am sure that you are just happy to have it done. And in the nick of time... I am so glad that you have progressed that far already! It will make it so much easier for you when the time comes. Good Luck!

If you go into labor, you know that I live right on the way to the hospital. You can drop Madi off at ANY hour. I mean it!!!

Eric said...

What is up?!?

That is awesome that you found us! It is good to hear from you

I hope everything goes well with your delvery.

Krissey said...

Hi Melanie! It's been a while. I found your blog from Charlyn's and have loved seeing what's going with you and Tyler and your adorable little girl. The baby's room looks amazing! Good luck with the pregnancy and post pictures of him when he comes!

Kamri Goff said...

hey mel,

i found your blog from charlyn's too. it is good to know what it going on. i have a blog too but it doesn't have anything cool on it. good to hear about you and your cute family. good luck with the new baby.

Our Favorites...


Music