Tuesday, February 19, 2008

KEVIN TYLER WANGSGARD

Which one is Madi and which one is Kevin???
Can you tell which one is which? You'll have to let me know who you guessed? The answer is the top is Madison and the bottom picture is our new little Kevin Tyler. He was born on February 17, 2008 at 2:47pm and weighed 7lb 4oz and 20 1/2 inches long.




I was induced on Saturday night at 10pm and slowly progressed until Sunday afternoon. I did end up getting an epidural this time and I have to say... oh how nice! Both Ty and I agree that it was a much more enjoyable experience with drugs! In the end I could still feel when to push and all the pressure, but it sure helped dual the contractions leading up to the labor. I ended up needing an epeasiotomy, which I could feel every stitch, so I know I wasn't that numb.

Having a baby is such a beautiful experience that only God could create to get His precious children here on Earth. We are grateful to everyone for all their love and support. Thanks Dad for being there with us to take pictures and watch "Men in Black" with Tyler. I know he needed that support. :) My favorite part was when the lady delivered her alien baby in the back seat of their car.



This is me right after delivering Kevin. It was a forced smile because he was still stitching me up at the time.This is our nurse Nikki and Dr Smithing who were so awesome through it all.





This is our sweet Kevin right after delivery. They hadn't even washed him off yet.











We are so happy to have our Kevin Tyler Wangsgard apart of our family. It is fun to be a family of 4! Thanks to everyone for your love and support! We love you all!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations!! What a handsome little guy. I'm glad the birth went well for you!!!

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations!!! He is so sweet. I love the name. I am glad you went with the epidural this time. I don't know how you did it the first time without. You family is so cute. I would love to get together when you are feeling up to it. Maybe after RSV season is over we can have a play group.

just dandee said...

Oh May, I am just soaking up every picture I can of your little guy since my family is still on the quaratine list. I just hate not being able to snuggle and kiss him. Hope to see you all soon.

Tami and Kaleo said...

Hi Melanie you did it. YEa. Oh and aren't the drugs nice. I love the forced smile picture when your getting stitched up. Totally me. When I heard you delivered at 2:47 I heard it was am and i thought you delivered like 4 hours after of being induced. I was in total schock and utter jealousy and when I read that you were in the afternoon it some reality back to the room. Haha love you Melanie Good luck take care of your baby and soak up all the help from friends and family. LOve you Tami

Kristy said...

What a sweet little boy. Congratulations to all of you. I hope you are recovering well and adjusting to being a mom of two. You'll be great!

Our Family said...

Congrats! Oh, that's so exciting. He does look so much like Madi; it's crazy. PS- Do you mind if I just add your link to our blog? I check it all the time through Brian and Britt's. I just think your little family is adorable!

we share: said...

Wow! congrats! I am so glad you posted pictures, I was wondering how you were doing. He is so cute and you are going to have so much fun with a boy. They are a blast... I am so happy for you guys. You look way to beautiful to have just delivered a baby- what gives? Tell Ty Char says, "Nice Go-t." (with sarcasm...) he he!

Mariel said...

Yay! I'm happy for you guys! You will love having a boy. He actually does look pretty similar to Madi as a baby! I hope your hanging in there and feeling okay! Call me if I can do anything.

Our Family said...

I would love it if you would add ours! It's amazing how close you become as friends just by looking at blogs. I feel I know so many people that I have never even met. It's silly

Butler Blog said...

Congrats! I'm very proud of you for not having an epidural--I know I couldn't do it without one! Cute, Cute pics! I couldn't tell which baby was which!

Shaun - Jillian said...

Mel -

I found your blog and wanted to say congratulations!! That is so exciting to have another baby. Your kids are so darling. You had him just in time to start playing soccer again this spring! :) I will have to add you to our blog. Congratulations again!!

Jill (Couch)

Bri and Britt said...

Hey guys, I was just looking at the pictures and I got a little confused when I saw the first picture because I recognized mom in the background and I know she wasn't at the hospital for Kevin because she was sick... so I had to read the blog and find out that one of the pictures was Madi and the other was Kevin. I think I figured it out :)

Frayer Family said...

Finally you posted pictures. From the momment that I got the phone call, I'd been waiting and checking your blog!!! Your baby is soooo cute! I told you Mel that drugs are your friend!! I don't think I'd like to attempt pushing out a child...without drugs. I bet you'll go with drugs next time :) I love you guys! Good job at producing another cutie! PS...it was great talking to you and your hubby. I wish I could do it more often.
Love ya,
Jaimee

Our Favorites...


Music