I want to share a little bit about my sweet Grandma Stratford (Myrle) who passed away this morning. She is much happier now and without pain. She was the most selfless person and always willing to serve anyone and everyone around. Even when she was bent over with arthritis she was still willing to get up inorder to get someone a drink or help them out. Grandma was always polite and had a smile on her face, grateful for everything. Even in her last hours as she was slowly slipping away, she still said thank you to everyone who helped her.
My Grandpa and Grandma have been happily married for 66 years tomorrow on Valentine's Day. They did everything together! Grandma was always willing to go on every trip Grandpa wanted. She would just pack up and head back and forth to St. George and Nordic Valley. They rode on their wave runners until they were well into their 70's or 80's. They loved to go boating, horse back riding, snowmobiling, etc. Through all the traveling and activities, Grandma always looked beautiful with her hair and nails done.
I am grateful that Grandma gets to spend time with our son before he is sent to this earth! I know that she is up there giving him loves and sending her farewell. It is a bitter sweet moment to know that we have lost our sweet Grandma for a short time, and are gaining our son. WE LOVE YOU GRANDMA STRATFORD! Thank you for your example and love! Thank you for your SWEET SPIRIT you have shared with us.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Our Sweet Grandma Stratford
Posted by The Wangsgard's at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Ohhhhhhh.......sad. It's hard to lose someone you love. I hadn't heard that had happened yet. That makes me sad. I know you say that its one of those things that is bitter-sweet...but, there is nothing that can make you not miss someone. Sorry! Different subject, but I'm freaking out that you are due in a couple days! That's crazy! Aghh! I can't believe it!
Very Sweet May. I am sobbing right now. You definately captured grandma perfectly. She was a wonderful example of selfless service. I love you May and I am so excited to meet your little guy in 2 days!!!
Dee
Post a Comment