Monday, August 31, 2009

PRESCHOOL and STITCHES!


Madi started preschool today! Just in time for school, Madi cut her head open and got 5 stitches. We were at Pepper Bellies Restaurant eating with my parents. I took Madi to the bathroom (for the 3rd time) and on the way there she ran to show me the rusted wheel and rim that were on the floor for decoration. She tripped and slammed right into the rim. When I picked her up she was bleeding every where! We rushed her to the ER because everything else was closed on a Saturday night. She was so brave for the whole thing. They tried to just use topical to numb it, but that wasn't enough. She struggled with the shot, but after that she laid so still I thought she must of been asleep! As soon as the Dr. was done stitching her up, she sat up and said, "So when do I get my pink ring pop?" I guess our bribe worked!
She was so excited to meet her teacher, Mrs. Katie


These are Madi's neighborhood friends she gets to go to school with.


I was planning on letting my neighbor take her to school today, but when the time came I really wanted to be there for her to meet her teacher and see how she does. So I rode with my neighbor to their school. (I know I'm a lame Mom, but she's my FIRST!) One of the first things she said was, "This isn't my school or my teacher! I don't want to go here!" I guess this whole time she thought she was starting at the real elementary school behind our house. She clung on to me for a few minutes, but as soon as her teacher said to get in a circle on the carpet she ran over and was the first to sit down. I'm grateful that she loves to learn and meet new people. It's hard to let her go, but as my hubby said so nicely, "Don't get too emotional on me, it is just preschool after all!"

6 comments:

just dandee said...

"Just pre-school"???? Obviously he isn't the one home all day with them and watching them go off into the big big world. I totally get it, so you can call and cry to me if you like.

I am so glad Madi loved her 1st day. She looks so cute. Love the hair.

Mat and Brooke said...

She. Seriously. Couldn't be cuter! I can't believe how adorable that little girl of yours is, Melanie! ...And it sounds like she's well on her way to being a tough gal just like her mommy. :)

Matt and Sarah said...

She is darling! Good thing Ty is so tall and big so he can intimidate any guy in the future that comes her way. Miss you guys! We need to get up there.

Ashley said...

Awww, Madi is such a sweetheart!

Salty Incisor said...

I cant stop laughing at your large in stature and spirit little fun girl!!!
The pink ring pop i am laughing so hard!!

Amber said...

Hey Melanie- Madi is such a cutie- I can't believe you have a pre-schooler already! I love looking at your blog and seeing whats going on with your cute fam.- And I really am addicted to your sis-in-laws blog "so she says"- it's hilarious and has great advice! I'm going to put a link to it on my blog- so you can let her know that she has fans all the way out in Kansas City! Thanks!

Our Favorites...


Music