Thursday, February 26, 2009

TRIALS VS BLESSINGS...

TRIAL: Two days ago we woke up to a freezing cold house that was 60 degrees. We quickly figured out that our furnace had stopped working (it's BRAND NEW). Of course Ty had to hurry to work so we all just bundled up and huddled around the new heater my Grandpa Waite gave us. (Thank you Grandpa)! Once Ty got home from work he tried to fix it and couldn't figure it out. So we have been without heat for 2 days now.
BLESSING: At least we have two furnaces to help heat the upstairs where the kids sleep.TRIAL: This morning around 5:30am I thought I heard water spraying, but ignored the many promptings to get up because I didn't want to get out of our warm bed. (OPPS!) When Tyler finally woke up for work at 6:30am he was shockingly surprised by the water spraying out from underneath the sink in our master bathroom. Ty quickly ran to turn off the water that was spraying him in the face and had by this point flooded our entire bathroom, closet, down stairs theater room, and half of our bedroom. This is a picture of our downstairs theater room ceiling. The water was poring down the walls and ceiling and had about 2 inches of water on the floor.
BLESSING: At least our basement was already flooded before we bought the house so the theater room was the only room finished. We just evened it out a little bit! :) This way we can make it look EXACTLY the way we want! Ha Ha

TRIAL: Thursday is my laundry day, so I had all of our laundry on the floor ready to be washed in the morning. It was soaked!
BLESSING: It forced me to do the laundry!

TRIAL: This is where the pipe broke and the water was spraying out all over the floor. Ty had to rush off to work, so lucky me, I was stuck with cleaning the mess up.
BLESSING: At least Ty has work, and...Our floor is so clean now! That's the best mopping job I've ever done.


TRIAL: The water completely soaked our carpet in our bedroom!
BLESSING: At least it wasn't a day later, because we were planning on going out of town for the weekend... the water would have flooded TONS more if we weren't home to catch it.



If you can't tell, I'm trying to find the POSITIVES within all of our crappy luck lately. We moved out of our old house to get away from house problems. I think our house is jinxed with water. Not only was it flooded before we bought it, but Ty accidentally hooked some of the pluming up wrong and parts have flooded in 3 different places! Luckily we found those quickly.
BLESSING: We figured out the furnace just over heated because the filter was full, so that is fixed now. Tyler is currently trying to suck all of the water out of our carpet pad so we can salvage our carpet. I love my hard working husband!
I guess there is good in all things... even trials!




6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Mel I am so sorry. I hate when stuff like that happens. At least you can look at the positive.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than water, house, and car problems. You are good to look for the positives! And on a positive note, we have a roof over our heads. Have a great weekend!

Shane and Kenzie said...

Ah May I think I would die if these things had happened to me...You are such a great example of keeping a good attitude! Do you need us to take the kids for a couple days? we'd love to!

Matt and Sarah said...

OH May! I am sorry. They turned our power off in the complex a month ago for a couple days and I would go sit out in the car with the heater on to warm up. LOL. It reminded me of those early mornings in Yellow Stone. Especially the last one. It was SO cold and I don't even know if the sun was up yet and we had to move out. Brrr...! But as I was reading and seeing pictures I was thinking to myself....If that happened to me the first person I would call would be Ty! You do have a great husband! And he has a great wife! Hope you still get to enjoy your vacation somehow and I really wish we were closer so I could come help! Love ya! And I'll talk to ya soon.

Steph said...

Oh no!! That is no fun at all, we had a leak too from upstairs neighbors right before Christmas, stressful but nothing this bad!! I'm so sorry!! You're so positive, I need to take a page out of your book :)

Rebecca said...

Yikes Melanie. I thought the benefit of moving into a new house was not having problems - I guess not. You make me feel very grateful that we haven't had any major problems (knock on wood). Hopefully this is the end of your trials!

Our Favorites...


Music