Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET ONE YEAR OLD KEVIN!
This is Kevin's "Ball Cake" that has 33 individual balls stacked on top of each other. I was up until 3am working on it, then came the snow... Poor Kevin's birthday party was cancelled due to the excessive amount of snow. So what do you do with a cake that is the size of a mountain? I shoved it in the freezer hoping it would stay fresh until we can have a party. So I'm hoping the cake is at least in one piece by Thursday, other wise I am printing a picture of the cake and putting it on the table. It's all for show any way... right? Good thing he doesn't even know it's his birthday.
This picture is for Tyler to show him how proud he should be that Kev already plays Xbox. It was a proud moment in my life. (Not really) Kevin was really getting into the game!


Here are some pictures of Kevin over the past year...


"Woody" for Halloween



His Blessing Day


His sweet skinny little body that I loved so much.

We have absolutely loved having Kevin apart of our family! He has such a fun personality and already loves to tease and give loves. He loves anything his sister does and thinks she is the funniest person alive. Kevin loves to just do his own thing as he bats any kind of a ball around and grunt to show how tough he is.
WE LOVE YOU BUDDY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!







8 comments:

Shaun - Jillian said...

Okay, so after seeing that post, I don't think you will have any problem at all doing the shower. I am impressed. The cake and cupcakes are so cute. Where did you get that pan from? I am sure they will still be good on Thursday but what a bummer to have the party cancelled. I can't believe that he is already one! Happy Birthday to your little man!

just dandee said...

Oh May, WOW! When I talked to you on the phone yesterday and you told me about the cake I had no idea how truly amazing it really is! Oh my goodness! That is impressive! You went to way more work than I EVER would. Good Job! My boys were definately bummed about the party cancellation but are soooo looking forward to the reschedule.
Happy Birthday sweet Kevi!

Little Extras Shop said...

Wow! You are one talented and patient girl! That cake is amazing! I'm sure the freezer will keep in just perfect! He is such a cutie!

Ashley said...

We had to do the same thing with Taylor's B-day party but it was on;y a day later. It didn't make a difference to anyone! Love the cake- you are so creative! Happy Birthday Kevi!

Steph said...

What a cute idea!! Staying up til 3AM, wow! That really stinks the birthday party had to get cancelled too, what a bummer!! I'm so glad you found my blog, now we can stay in touch and we really should play sometime! It was way fun last summer :) Plus, I'm a stay at home mom now so we all need the social interaction right? Your house is beautiful and your kids are so stinkin' cute!

Unknown said...

You are one talented lady! I made a cake for my little girl's birthday and I was feelin pretty proud.....not anymore!
That cake is awesome!Go Melanie!

Rebecca said...

I wish we could be there to wish Kevin a happy first birthday! I am so impressed by your cake. It's awesome. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looked. We love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Melanie! I am impressed, cute cake! Your kids are beautiful. It is hard to believe Kevin is already a year old!! Where does the time go? I have birthday's coming in the next few months... Want to make a few more cakes?
Lori

Our Favorites...


Music