Labor day weekend we took a trip to the Wind rivers. We hiked in 8 miles to a beautiful campground away from everyone! Of course I was the dumb one to buy new shoes the week before, so I had blisters the first mile in.
Ty and I have never been backpacking TOGETHER! It's one of the few things we have always planned on doing, and just hadn't made time for it.
This is how Ty and Scott spent most of the trip.... FISHING.
Scott is warming her up after a cold swim.
.jpg)

After a day hike up to some waterfalls we took the plunge to swim in the ICE cold lake. Notice my sexy knee high socks. (I had to keep my blisters covered, and they kept me warm too)
.JPG)
Ty lost is favorite fishing lure, so he went in to get it. He's CRAZY!
.JPG)
Our amazing camp site! We didn't see anyone near us all weekend.
.JPG)
.jpg)
After a day hike up to some waterfalls we took the plunge to swim in the ICE cold lake. Notice my sexy knee high socks. (I had to keep my blisters covered, and they kept me warm too)
Ty lost is favorite fishing lure, so he went in to get it. He's CRAZY!
Our amazing camp site! We didn't see anyone near us all weekend.
This is the view by our campsite! Breath taking!
On the way out Ty and Scott took one last swim. They couldn't get the guts to swim back from the rock because it was so cold. So Adrienne and I helped them out a little and stole their shoes, socks and shirts and started hiking with out them. Oh, and we were nice enough to drop a sock or shirt along the way. We finally dropped their shoes about a mile up the trail. (Aren't we nice wives?) We were scared to death what they were going to do to us so were hiked as fast as we could hoping they wouldn't catch us. Lucky for us they never caught up til we got to the cars. They surprised us with a nice cup of water down our backs. It was totally worth it! Sometimes I think I am hilarious. Ha Ha








2 comments:
We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for letting us come and bring Sue. We loved reading your post and seeing all the pictures. It makes me want to go back and do it all over again! Let's plan another one really soon and, of course I'm really, really excited to have someone to go skiing with this winter. Oh and we just might get a day of snowboarding in if we can spare the time! haha!! Let's hang out again soon!
You guys are always on an adventure! My husband and Dad love the Windrivers too...from your pictures and all the pictures I've seen it looks so beautiful.
Post a Comment