Monday, July 27, 2009

July Overview/ Birthday...

What a CRAZY July it has been! We have been playing non-stop it seems. So hang in there with the million pictures for this post. I wanted to get them all posted so I can start fresh come August...
Working backwards for the month was my sweet Madi's birthday!
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY MADI!Sunday we celebrated Madi and Aunt Meagan's birthdays together.
Madi concentrating really hard to blow out the candles.

She was so excited for a new Barbie (Thank you Yiayia).

Saturday was her real birthday, but it was also my families reunion. We combined the parties and Madi just thought the whole thing was for her! :) She got a new bike that she LOVES to ride every where! Notice the ballerina outfit... my mom gave that to her. She made the tutu (see picture below).

My sister made her this cute apron so she can cook with me! (Thanks Dee, we love it!)
The boots and hat also came from my mom.
Saturday morning we decorated cakes. Madi really wanted to decorate her own cake, so I made her a purse cake that she did all by herself. (Note the little finger holes from taste testing)
This is her Flip Flop cake and sun glass cake that she wanted. Thanks to everyone for making her birthday so fun and for the great gifts. You are all wonderful to Madi and she loves you all!

Earlier in July we of course did more boating. Ty talked Madi into wake boarding with him in exchange for a ring pop sucker. (She knows how to work it, huh!) She kept telling Ty to go over the big bumps. She loved it!


We also went to ward Lagoon day and rode all the FREE RIDES! Britt and Mav joined us on a fun date!

In my old age I can't handle spin rides, so Ty took the kids on all the crazy ones.
I can however handle the Merry-go-round!
I tried the Tilt-o-wheel with Britt & Mav and thought I was going to be sick! I love roller coasters and things that drop... as long as they don't spin!

So there you have it! Our crazy JULY that is almost over! Phew! We love summer, but it sure makes me tired!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Madi is so cute! That is awesome that Tyler took her and even Kevin on the wakeboard- impressive! Hey I love your new look Mel. Sorry I never called you awhile back. I would love to get together sometime though. I will have too call you soon when I am down in Ogden or something.

Shaun - Jillian said...

I love your hair Mel! It is adorable!! I am sorry I missed the shower - I am such a dork - I thought it was the night before. It looks like it went well though! Madi is so dang cute and I can't believe how much she looks like you. It looks like you have had a great summer! Have you been playing soccer?

Annie Miller said...

Just put your crash pictures on the Lake Powell blog. It's in the zipline section! Ouch :)

just dandee said...

Summer is exhausting! So glad we can spend much of it with you guys though. Love that cute Madi!

Salty Incisor said...

The flip flop cake is a work of art! And looks like Madi scored!!

Our Favorites...


Music