Monday, June 30, 2008

My PET PEEVE!!!

I have a new pet peeve that just drives me crazy!!! What is it you ask??? Well, we have a trampoline and a swimming pool in our back yard that we put up for Madi to play with. Lately our neighbor kids think that it is a community back yard and they can swim and jump any time they want. You're probably thinking that I'm pretty snobby right now. Well let me tell you the whole story and see what you think.

So the day we put up the trampoline the neighbor kids came to my door to ask if they could jump. I thought it was really nice that they thought to ask first so I told them that they could jump but only if we were out there to watch them because I didn't want them to get hurt and we would be liable. We didn't have any pads on it yet. They said okay and left. About 30 minutes later I looked out the window and they are all out there jumping anyway. So at this point I am pretty annoyed and asked them why they were jumping when I told them no. They just said sorry and left. Several times I have found them trying to sneak back there to jump. I just figured I wouldn't say anything and that it wasn't a big deal. Last week we filled our pool up and have worked hard to try to keep it clean and nice for us to swim. Our other neighbors told us that when we weren't home they would see them swimming so they went and talked to them and told them to leave. Last night we came home to a pair of boxers sitting in our driveway. Then today I went out there to go swimming with my kids and they were out there swimming in the pool with their clothes AND SHOES ON! I was mad at this point because I had tried to ask them nicely to not swim. I really don't know how to tell them NO without being the "MEAN NEIGHBOR"! Our real main concern is the liability of them getting hurt and their parents blaming us. I think that parents need to watch their kids and teach them boundaries and manors. Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest! Sorry for complaining! Let me know what you think and what you would do....

7 comments:

just dandee said...

First, I really love your new background! Very cheery! Second, I would be furious too. One of my biggest pet peeves is teenagers these day. (Listen to me I am starting to SOUND old) I have started calling this generation of teenagers the "ENTITLED" generation. They show little respect and think they are "ENTITLED" to anything they want. I am not sure exactly what I would do to stop it from happening, but I sure don't think I could be NICE anymore. GOOD LUCK!

Kristy said...

That must be so frustrating! I'd be mad too. I would probably talk to their parents about it and do it from a total safety/concerned standpoint. Good luck!

Ashley said...

Oh, that would make me mad too. I feel frustrated for you. Which neighbors is this? The North or South? I would definitely talk to the parents. I know you are a lot more nice than I would be to them!!!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Oh MELANIE...I would be Irate. is that a word...First no one should be on your property anyways. How old are the kids that are doing it. I would totally talk to the parents. They should know where there kids are. I don't think it is rude, when you approach the parents tell them you want them to be safe and that is your family rule. So it doesn't sound like your not being the fun neighbor. Are you kidding our parents would all the feel the same way. your not even being snotty. I know the other day the neighbors cat bit Allana and I went over to ask the mom if her cat was up on her vaccinations and she just stared at me and said I don't claim that cat I just feed it and let it sleep in my garage. I was like for real. I felt all dumb but hey you have to watch out for your own including property and kids. love you Tami

Anonymous said...

Just so you're aware... it is actually pet peeve, not pep peeve.

The Wangsgard's said...

Thanks to who ever corrected me on my spelling. I openly admit I can't spell, and obviously Tyler can't either because I asked him how to spell it.

The Steele family said...

I think that is so frustrating. I would talk to the parents and tell them to keep the kids away. People should not go into peoples back yards with out asking.

Our Favorites...


Music