We left Sunday afternoon and headed to the airport. We were a little nervous that we wouldn't get to go because we were flying stand by. Well, we lucked out and even scored an extra seat for Kevin so he could lay in his car seat the whole flight. Kevin is an amazing traveler. I was so worried about him flying, but he slept pretty much the whole time both ways! Yeah!


We stayed in a cute beach house just off the North Shore. Well, it was cute when we first got there because we were so excited just to be in Hawaii. There wasn't any A/C so the humidity was rough at night, but that wasn't the worst part. Living with us was a giant cockroach, and a few gecko's. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the cockroach because it was pretty amazing how big it really was. Besides all the crazy "pets" we had living with us, we had a blast! Every morning we would go to this amazing bakery called "Ted's Bakery". It had the best pastries and pies.
After a lot of playing and a long plane ride home in the middle of the night, this is how our vacation ended. A NAP!

We stayed in a cute beach house just off the North Shore. Well, it was cute when we first got there because we were so excited just to be in Hawaii. There wasn't any A/C so the humidity was rough at night, but that wasn't the worst part. Living with us was a giant cockroach, and a few gecko's. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the cockroach because it was pretty amazing how big it really was. Besides all the crazy "pets" we had living with us, we had a blast! Every morning we would go to this amazing bakery called "Ted's Bakery". It had the best pastries and pies.
This is at Wiamaya Bay where we jumped off the cliffs. This is a picture of Ty and I jumping together. If you double click on the picture you should be able to enlarge it and see me pluging my nose the entire way down! :)
W
e also went snorkeling at Sharks cove where we swam with the turtles. I think this was the highlight of the trip!
W
I can't forget the whole reason why we went to Hawaii, to see Scott get married. They are the cutest couple and it was neat to get to be apart of the wedding.
They were married on Wednesday in the Hawaii Temple.

We also went to Pearl Harbor. It's always a good reminder for me to remember what they went through for our freedom. 
Tyler and Dan surfed, and Ty even spent a little time teaching Keving how to surf. He wasn't so sure about the cold water, but we couldn't take him all the way to Hawaii and at least get his feet wet. He'd never let us live that down when he gets older.

Tyler and Dan surfed, and Ty even spent a little time teaching Keving how to surf. He wasn't so sure about the cold water, but we couldn't take him all the way to Hawaii and at least get his feet wet. He'd never let us live that down when he gets older.
With all the fun we had, it was sure nice to get home to our sweet Madi! We missed her like crazy! This is her in her dress we bought her and the coconut shells.

After a lot of playing and a long plane ride home in the middle of the night, this is how our vacation ended. A NAP!
Our cute Hawaiian kids








8 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome vacation. I am very glad to hear you survived the cockroach. Hopefully someday Reese and I will be able to travel somewhere besides Vegas! ;)
Hi Melanie! I am glad you guys had a fun trip. I am so jealous! I miss your family and the neighborhood already.
Looks like you had fun! You must have been hanging out with some really awesome people...
Madi & Kevin look pretty cute in their Hawaiian getup.
I need to get your 300 plus pictures from you so I can update my blog.....thanks for taking them all for us. I think I had like 5 on my camera.
It looks like you had an awesome time! I love Madi's outfit! It was great playing soccer with you again! Hopefully I can get a little bit more in shape so I am not sucking wind the whole time. Oh well, it is still fun to play again!
Wow! Wish we could have gone too, maybe in another five years we'll all go together. Can't believe how big Kev is getting!
You are so lucky Hawaii is so cool I love it there. It looks like you guys had so much fun.
Melanie...k this is random (blog stalking, i know) but I ran across your page when I was reading some stuff on Elysia's...don't know if you remember me from our DATC classes back in the hs days...anyway, SO random...i saw you in Hawaii! I was going to say something cause i thought it was you, but wasn't sure, so I decided not to make a fool of myself...turns out it was you though! I was at Pearl Harbor the same day! Such a small world...your little family is so cute and you look so great!
It was so fun to meet both of you the other day! I really hope we can get together again sometime this summer and camp. Your kids are so cute- Dallas and I couldn't get over how much Kevin looked like Ty!
Post a Comment