Friday, March 14, 2008

Stratford Family Vacation

We just got back from our Stratford Family Vacation! It was our Christmas gift from my parents to all of us kids. We went to Bear Lake and stayed in this cabin. We packed the trip full of fun. We went snowmobiling, snow skiing, sledding, swimming, played paintball, went for a walk, ate tons of food, ect. Ty even managed to fit a little bit of XBOX in there too. Madi loves to be outside or as she says it "GO"! She had a blast on the snowmobiles and sledding.


This is Aunt Kenzie and Madi playing in the snow.
On our trip we had 10 adults and 6 kids. The craziest part was finding places for all of our families to sleep. Ty and I got a nice room with a queen size bed and room for Kevin's playpen. We figured Madi would just sleep on the floor. WRONG! The first few nights she ended up in bed with Ty and I because she would wake up when Kevin would cry to eat. If you look close at these pictures, Madi is in the purple and Ty has the green blanket over him.
Madi is a cuddlier and moved closer and closer to Ty through out the night, until Ty was just about off the bed. Every time he'd try to move her over she'd yell "NO!" and push him back, then peacefully fall back asleep.
Since I'm still nursing Kevin every 3 hours, most of the night was spent with our new family of 4 in the little queen size bed. One of the nights, Madi kicked my Dad out of his bed so she could sleep next to Grandma. My dad slept on the couch in the same room as Shane and Kenzie... by 2AM his snoring pushed them out of the room to an upstairs twin bed. Finally the last night there, Madi slept in the family room next to Shane and Kenzie and spent half the night cuddling with Kenzie. Thanks to a whole family effort, we finally figured out how to get Madi to sleep through the night. Don't ya just love family vacations! :)


7 comments:

The Steele family said...

Hey it was good to hear from you my little kali is 19 in a half months old. she was born on july 25 2006 she is so much fun.
how old is your little ones?

Ashley said...

Oh, so that is where you have been. How fun. I need a vacation so bad. Brody owes us some fun vacations this summer!

Bonnie & Marc Wangsgard said...

Hey Mel! Looks like a cool trip. I will be up there next week while Marc is taking tests and I am dying to see that babe. I will call and see when I can stop by. Hope all is great with you guys. See you soon.

The Steele family said...

That is way cool it is so fun to have kids they are great.

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

I got nosy and wanted to see your blog so I looked on DeAnne's link. Kevin is very sweet!! How is it going now? Ah, the newborn days are yet so fresh in our memory...we will be thinking of you at 2 am. We still get up with Brennan nearly as much as we did 6 months ago!!

Frayer Family said...

Cute pictures!! My son Tristan wanted to know how Madison got on the roof. He thought that maybe she climbed out a window. (hehe) He thought that it was pretty cool! Kevin is getting bigger. He is so cute! Love you guys!

just dandee said...

I love your new background! So cute. Love you!

Our Favorites...


Music