When I was a little girl my Grandma Waite would always make us special cakes that were super fancy. I always looked forward to them every year (even though I never liked to eat the cake... brownies are way better), so I happened to inherit that love to decorate cakes from my sweet Grandma... and want to start that same tradition for my kids. I may spend hours and hours creating these cakes just to cut them apart, but they are worth it to me when I see their face of excitement.
All Kevin asked for his birthday was a dragon cake, and a Nerf gun. So this is what I came up with.The cake above was because Kevin's birthday was on a Thursday, and we didn't have the family party until Sunday. So I let Madi and Kevin decorate this one themselves.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Happy Birthday Kevin!
On this video it is really dark, but the candles were coming out of his mouth so it looked like a fire breathing dragon... well they were dripping wax, so I gave Tyler a napkin to catch it. But that wasn't such a smart idea...
Good thinking Ty on using your hands to put out the fire! :)
For Kevin's Sunday party we had about 30 family members over for dinner and cake. He's a pretty lucky kid to have so much family support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Awesome pictures and what a great cake (cakes)! Wish we could have been there! Love and miss you all.
Post a Comment