Saturday, January 22, 2011

Family Ski Day

It's been eating at me week after week that I have been teaching every ones kids to ski EXCEPT MY OWN! So, we swapped some babysitting with our neighbor (thank you again Stacey), dropped Nate off, and headed up to good old Powder Mountain. Our only mistake was trying to ski during nap time! It's not a good thing when they are both tired before we even start skiing. :) But we headed out anyway! Madi skied last year one time (one run down), but Kev hasn't ever been and he's been begging' me to take him. So Ty on his board and me on ski's we attempt to teach the little rug rats...

I thought we would have a LONG afternoon riding the rope tow over and over with Kevin, but he had other plans. First time down I told him to make an "A" to stop and... he did it! I couldn't believe it! That is no easy task for a little 2 year old legs to accomplish. So we used the rope tow probably 2 or 3 times and decided we should attempt the lift.



We could barely get Kev to stop long enough for a picture, but once we got a family photo on top of the mountain we couldn't get him to stop again. We took 4 runs down the mountain and Madi was so tired she could barely keep her eyes open. Kevin didn't want to quit... so Ty and Kev took one more run for the day. When he finally stopped he realized how cold his hands were. He said, "I was having too much fun to stop."


Here they are after our long ski day...

2 seconds later they were both out!
We had fun skiing as a family and look forward to many years of skiing together! I can't help but be proud of our kids... they did good, and had fun! What else could you ask for?!

3 comments:

Shane and Kenzie said...

Melanie I can't believe how well Madi and Kev ski! Those videos were very impressive...and I think it's so awesome that you and Ty take the time to create such fun memories with your kids.

Taylor Family said...

That is so cool. They are so adorable.

Keith said...

I am one PROUD Grandpa....
Looks like they will get their PSIA Level I before Mom :)
Grand Ma and I want to ski with you sooooon.

Our Favorites...


Music