Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas to us!

So this was our last Christmas present. We were on our way home from our parents house when we came upon some cars who had stopped in the right lane to help a girl who had gone over the edge and hit a tree. There were about 4 cars who had stopped trying to help. Unfortunately, they just caused more damage. By the time we saw their flashers it was too late. Ty tried to switch lanes to miss the cars, but the combination of the hill, the roads not being plowed, and the traffic, it was impossible to miss them. We fish tailed about 4-5 times luckily not going over the edge and barely missing the on coming traffic. Just when Ty thought he was going to pull out of it we missed the first truck and slid right into the second truck, hitting it head on. We were fortunate to not hit all the pedestrians who were standing around their cars talking. We were taking Granny home so she was in the front seat with Tyler. Once we stopped Granny said, "I think I broke my arm." Madi who was in the back seat with me started screaming because it scared her. I thought she was hurt and tried to get her out of her car seat to see if she was okay. Luckily she was fine and just scared. Tyler took her away from the car to check her. I wanted to know if she was okay so I went after her. One of the observers asked if I was okay. I thought I was, I had hit my head on the window and noticed a bump, but I didn't care about a little bump. I wanted to know if Madi was okay. I guess the bump was the size of a baseball and I'm sure looked pretty crazy. Madi and I went and sat in another truck to get out of the cold. I could feel my head getting bigger, but adrenaline was still running pretty strong. They had taken Granny to the ambulance to check her. In the end both Granny, Madi, and I went to the hospital in the ambulance while Ty finished filling out the reports. They checked us in, but the waiting room was packed full of sick people and we ended up waiting forever to get to our rooms. They checked my head and decided to do a cat-scan and then monitor the baby for 4 more hours. Granny had some x-rays done and had broken her humorous. Tyler and I finally left the hospital at 5am. They shot me with some morphine to help with the pain, so I slept great!
We are all doing good now and are counting our blessings that it wasn't worse than it was. My face is very colorful and swollen. Granny is being checked to see if she needs her arm reset. Tyler and Madi seem to be doing fine. We'll all probably be pretty sore. We want to thank our parents for all the help and for taking Madi. You guys are always there when we need you...Thank you!

Last year on the day after Christmas is when Tyler rolled the 4 wheeler on his ankle and had to get surgery. So next Christmas we might just have to stay home!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

OMG!! Melanie that looks so painful! Glad that everyone is okay though!

Mariel said...

Melanie! I tried calling you. That is so sad. I'm glad you guys are okay. It's so crazy that happened to you guys! Call me when you get a chance.

Bri and Britt said...

I am so glad you guys are okay. What a scary thing. I really think it scared me worse seeing it than if I had been in it. What a nightmare!!! Really let us know if you need ANYTHING. We Love ya!

Our Favorites...


Music